Of all the virtues patience is the bee's knees. Stitch after stitch I pull the yarn through. Sometimes I even undo. Row after row the crocheted yarn grows. Crochet is like riding a bike, in that you don't entirely forget what you learned. When I started up again, about a month or so ago, I had difficulty holding the needle. My fingers were clumsy and yard easily tangled. I bought two small rolls of yarn. One pink and one grey. Those mini projects turned into a square, a rectangle, and a wheel.
Patience is the only word on my mind while I crochet. Calmly. During my pre-teen years and early 20's, I had little patience to finish a project. I felt that if I couldn't get it right the first time it meant I wasn't good at it. So...why bother doing it. I wore a self-defeating mindset back then. Well, most of my life. Up until a few years ago, patience wasn't a virtue I spent time on.
I learned the value of patience during my work with Mick. A shelter dog assigned to me to foster, train, and learn from. Everyone that knows me here knows about Mick. I really cannot stop talking about him. I try to hold back (I really do). But, ... I'm proud of him. I'm proud of me.
"Patience" performed by Guns N' Roses
No comments:
Post a Comment