Off and on with space in between, I remember. Look more closely through windshields, I do. Look closer at resembling eyes, I do. Continue to look through the rearview mirror and reflections on windows, I do. Influential male figures, in my life today, are a blessing in that I can call upon them in spirit and listen to words I need to hear from a source I can trust. Those same words are muted if they come from me.
I lit a candle to honor interactions in which the whole of the world disappears. All sights. All sounds. Everything. Just serenity surrounds. The candle still burns almost 24-hours later. A sign that my time of self-reflection, healing, and renewal set in with the strength and resilience of bamboo. (It’s true. Look it up.)
The lens I use to see the fast-approaching horizon reveal openings into deep forests, open valleys, orchards, and blankets of flowers along the edge. Still, every part of me says to face His ghost. I’ve opened the box I left burning engulfed with blue flames. What remains refuses to turn to ash.
I met a man a few months back that offered a path leading to the defense of all that I am with force, clarity, and dignity. That first day, for an hour, His ghost floated around me. Those all too familiar khaki boots and dark blue button shirt flickered in the air. Every new movement intended to shatter His very core and extinguish His black light. An hour of His ghostly reflection is all I could take.
Avoidance haunts me now.
-- (c)deyanira.
I lit a candle to honor interactions in which the whole of the world disappears. All sights. All sounds. Everything. Just serenity surrounds. The candle still burns almost 24-hours later. A sign that my time of self-reflection, healing, and renewal set in with the strength and resilience of bamboo. (It’s true. Look it up.)
The lens I use to see the fast-approaching horizon reveal openings into deep forests, open valleys, orchards, and blankets of flowers along the edge. Still, every part of me says to face His ghost. I’ve opened the box I left burning engulfed with blue flames. What remains refuses to turn to ash.
I met a man a few months back that offered a path leading to the defense of all that I am with force, clarity, and dignity. That first day, for an hour, His ghost floated around me. Those all too familiar khaki boots and dark blue button shirt flickered in the air. Every new movement intended to shatter His very core and extinguish His black light. An hour of His ghostly reflection is all I could take.
Avoidance haunts me now.
-- (c)deyanira.
Safe and Sound, by Capital Cities
I could lift you up
I could show you what you want to see
And take you where you want to be
I could show you what you want to see
And take you where you want to be
You could be my luck
Even if the sky is falling down
I know that we'll be safe and sound
We're safe and sound
Even if the sky is falling down
I know that we'll be safe and sound
We're safe and sound
I could fill your cup
You know my river won't evaporate
This world we still appreciate
You know my river won't evaporate
This world we still appreciate
You could be my luck
Even in a hurricane of frowns
I know that we'll be safe and sound (safe and sound)
We're safe and sound (safe and sound)
We're safe and sound (Hold your ground)
We're safe and sound (safe and sound)
Even in a hurricane of frowns
I know that we'll be safe and sound (safe and sound)
We're safe and sound (safe and sound)
We're safe and sound (Hold your ground)
We're safe and sound (safe and sound)
I could show you love
In a tidal wave of mystery
You'll still be standing next to me
In a tidal wave of mystery
You'll still be standing next to me
You could be my luck
Even if we're six feet underground
I know that we'll be safe and sound
We're safe and sound
Even if we're six feet underground
I know that we'll be safe and sound
We're safe and sound
I could lift you up
I could show you what you want to see
And take you where you want to be
I could show you what you want to see
And take you where you want to be
You could be my luck
Even if the sky is falling down
I know that we'll be safe and sound
Even if the sky is falling down
I know that we'll be safe and sound
I could lift you up
I could show you what you want to see
And take you where you want to be
I could show you what you want to see
And take you where you want to be
You could be my luck
Even if the sky is falling down
I know that we'll be safe and sound
We're safe and sound
We're safe and sound
We're safe and sound
Even if the sky is falling down
I know that we'll be safe and sound
We're safe and sound
We're safe and sound
We're safe and sound
We're safe and sound (safe and sound)
We're safe and sound (safe and sound)
We're safe and sound (Hold your ground)
We're safe and sound (safe and sound) We're safe and sound
We're safe and sound (safe and sound)
We're safe and sound (Hold your ground)
We're safe and sound (safe and sound) We're safe and sound
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Ryan Merchant / Sebu Simonian
Safe And Sound lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
No comments:
Post a Comment